Posted to uk.d-i-y
Smolley[_4_] Smolley[_4_] is offline

Default Win 10 file sharing problem

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 11:29:50 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I've been 'upgrading' all the computers here to Win10 Pro.

When they were Win7 on a homegroup, they all shared files easily.

I have cabled LAN, Wi-Fi and a Wi-Fi range extender.
If any two are on say the same Wi-Fi, they share files normally. But I'd
not need an extender if this covered all the house. With one on the main
router Wi-Fi and one on the range extender (TP Link), can't share. Same
when one is on the cable LAN and another on Wi-Fi.

Google did give a work round, but involved pages and pages of
reconfiguring near everything onto static IP addresses and so on.

Is it really the case that what I'm trying to do is outside the norm of
a modern operating system?

You could setup teamviewer and send the files directly.