Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default security cameras - question

I have a question maybe one of you fine folks would have an answer
for.
If I have one video monitor and several video cameras - regular hard
wired composite video - can I connect say, 3 cameras in parallel and
switch power between the three cameras to scan from one camera to the
came out and they seemed to work just fine (for the couple of minutes
I had them connected). I even tried powering both at the same time and
the monitor just lost the signal. When I disconnected one, the other
came back up on the screen immediately. This would tend to indicate
the cameras have tristate outputs? Or at least open collector - when
not powered the output is disconnected???