Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] cvalona09@gmail.com is offline

Default 1988 Fender Princeton Chorus amp

On Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 5:05:30 AM UTC-7, abrsvc wrote:
None of the Princeton models that I found have the chips you describe. Can you post the exact model from the plate? The only Princeton Chorus model I found has DSP in the model name as well.

I have some hardcopy schematics around that I will check as well, but any additional info you can provide will help.

Dan

Thanks Dan,

My 1988 Fender Princeton Chorus Model PR82 Made In USA is completely stock, a totally virgin amp. The IC's MN 3101 and MN 3007 are stock parts that came out of this amp. I replaced them with new ones yesterday, but no change, the Chorus is still having problems. The pilot light comes on, and both the Rate & Depth controls seem to be working, but the FX is very very weak.

BTW...this is not a Princeton that uses DSP...the amps that featured DSp effects came after the PR82 models and don't sound near as good.

Stay Safe, Charles