Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default electric garage shutter gubbed

On 16/07/2020 19:36, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated the question :
but what is the looks like a slide lock half way up in the tv adverts...

Mine doesn't have one, so I don't know what it is. My door has a sort of
series of nylon chain links, drive the chain over centre and it forms
the locking mechanism - try to lift the door and you would be pushing
against the over centre 'chain'.

The drive motor is a 24v ac tubular motor and gearbox, that includes
meachanical limit switches, for for going up, one for going doing and
they are very precise.

The control system includes a maximum run timer and a maximum current
sensor - this last is what your problem is, it is set too low.

or too high because as I said I can hang on the door and stop it and it
restarts when I let go .....

https://www.avg.com