Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default No mold PVC

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 18:48:58 -0400, Frank posted for all of us
to digest...

On 7/15/2020 2:48 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 19:58:41 -0400, Frank posted for all of us
to digest...

On 7/14/2020 4:28 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 10:54:28 -0500, philo posted for all of us
to digest...

On 7/14/20 9:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/14/2020 9:25 AM, philo wrote:
Using some clear flexible* 1/4" ID PVC tubing for a warm water jet and
after two months, the inside is getting moldy.

Seems insane. Is there some non-mold flex tubing available anywhere
such as Home Depot?

Run cleaner water or sanitize the tubing periodically.* Tubing is just
providing a place for mold to grow.* The spores are in the water.

I think gfretwell has the answer

Maybe you need food grade tubing? Just a WAG.

Would not mean it is mold proof. I see mention of silicone and vinyl
tubing in food grades that still get mold.

I defer to you. I am certainly no expert in that. WAG...

I'm not an expert either but did do a couple of years of R&D on plastics
for food contact but mold issue never came up. I would suspect that if
a chemical were added to the plastic to retard mold formation it would
not be allowed for food contact.

You are right. News flash! Don't drink my Kool-Aid.

--
Tekkie