Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Cracked LCD screen now streaks

On Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 2:37:04 AM UTC-4, wrote:
*+-I've seen some totally destroyed screens, and never saw anything leak out
of them. Don't worry about the toxicity.

Thanks.

How much more use can I expect out of this?

I only need like 200 hrs over three months.

Depends. It's like a car windshield. One good bounce and the crack spreads. With LCDs, you may sever an internal trace that will take out a significant portion of the image. If you can use it as is, try not to disturb it.

Alternatively, you can pick up a cheap monitor from a tag/yard sale or thrift shop and connect it to the laptop.