The Natural Philosopher

Default Cooker wiring

Jaime wrote:

We're thinking of getting a new range cooker (all electric). Currently
theres a 30 amp (possibly 35 amp) cable into the kitchen and the 32 amp ring
main. I know that for a seperate oven and hob usually the hob is wired to
the cooker cable through an isolation switch and often the ovens to the ring
main through a 16 amp plug or simular.

What happens with these large range cookers, I added the power comsumption
on one and it came to a total of 67 A if all things where switched on.

The point is, they never, ever, are.

The cable won't be 30Amp, probly nearer a 50A spur, and is normally
fused at 45A from memory.