Yi Jin

Default Use pigtails on receptacle

Thank you.

As I understand, as long as I have space to put those two extra pigtails
and wire two wire nuts in, I am OK with the box. The pigtails and wire
nuts don't reduce the number of allowable wires printed on the box,
correct?

Y.

In article WxZyc.7723$wS2.737@okepread03, DanG wrote:
What you are proposing is the preferred way of wiring an
intermediate recep.

I do hope you have the deep rough-in boxes to allow more room for
wire, wire nuts, pigtails.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"Yi Jin" wrote in message

I am wiring a 20amp circuit. The #12 seems pretty hard to
deal inside the electral box for the with the receptacle.

I notice all the books demonstrates that incoming wires
and outgoing ones connect to the seperate screws on the
receptacle. Is there any reason not to use a pigtail
and connect to the receptacle first, then connect it
together in/out wires with a wire nut, just like what
is done to a ground wires? That would be much easier
than to bend those short and hard #12 wires and try to
screw on those 4 hot/neutral wires?

I am talking about the middle of the run, non-split
receptacle.

Thanks.

Y.