Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Springtalis getting in through Skylights, how to seal them?

On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 2:29:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
the skylights are original. I had some roof work done recently and replacing the skylights was considered, but the roofer said that they often don't have great outcomes when replacing older skylights (leaks) and suggested just sealing the glass with clear caulk which he did.

Thanks

I just had my roof replaced, and the roofer insisted on putting a new cap on the skylight. He said if he doesn't he gets too many callbacks, and it's better just to do it upfront.