American Mechanical

Default Sears For Central Air Conditioner

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"CBHVAC" same @as.it.was.com wrote in message

"American Mechanical" wrote in message
m...

"~KJPRO~" wrote in message
"KJ1" wrote in message
Hello all,

I am new to this group and a new homeowner of a new-build home.

I am looking at 3 different contral air contractors. One is Sears

(they
sub-contract).

I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with Sears on getting
repairs
done in a timely manner or bad installation resolution?

The reason I ask is because when I first looked for the inf.

online to
get
to Sears for C/A, one of the first things to come up on google was

complaint dept. The people had some complaints of bad

installation
and
taking a long time to get it fixed, also getting the machines

fixed in
general.

At this point, I see one more contractor on Mon. but would really

like
go
with Sears because of the name brand and the salesguy was an

installer
himself, his review of my home matched the 2nd (independent)
contractor's
almost exactly.

There is that nagging concern, since I saw the complaint website,

so
if
anyone can offer experiences, good or bad, please let me know.

Another question, the independent contractor said that he wanted

use
unit that will have r-22 (freon) and showed me a chart where the

stuff
will
be OK to be available (just no manufactured for freon products) in

case
would ever need to put some in for the next 25 years. The Sears

guy
wanted
to go with the puron, and I am not sure how much it really

matters.
Any
opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

God bless,
KJ

Sears = ****ting installs, crappy service.

Puron = ****, not proven, cost more to repair. (has other issues

too)

http://www.dupont.com/suva/na/usa/as...ves/index.html

Cut & Paste from Carrier.com
Carrier is the first manufacturer to develop indoor cooling products

using
Puron, the chlorine-free replacement refrigerant for R-22. As

companies
worldwide race to switch over to chlorine-free refrigerants, Carrier

offers
the experience of having introduced the first air conditioners with an
alternative refrigerant back in 1996. Now, Carrier is expanding its

line
offer a wide range of environmentally sound products. Carrier's

superior
technology enables you to begin investing in your future today with

air
conditioning systems that are environmentally sound.
/Cut&Paste

1996..ah..good old R500...YAY!!!!!

Look where its at now...

Sorry..could not resist..

This is Turtle.

I'm still got 70 pounds of it left over waiting for it to be used again.

Lennox and Carrier told the world that 500 was going to do
away with 22 and we would all have very high quality proformance from 500.

I put out about 30 to 40 units with this 500 in it and in
about a year and a half. Lennox sent use a letter telling us that the 500

was not a good choice and was going back to 22. They did
give us a free expanion valve to change out to go back to 22 with. I did

two of them and decided to just keep 500 on hand and wait
it out.

CBHVAC has a point here and when stung once, Watch out the second time

around.

Yea and another point here Lennox has pulled the 410-A off residentiual

unit for futher studies but still has a few with it in them
they are selling. They must have seen a problem with some of the models

with 410-A in them. I wonder if they are going try 134-A in
them like Carrier did here while back.

As far as I am concerned 410-A being the freon of choice still has the

coin up in the air to decide what will be the freon of
choice. You have R-22N , 410-A, AZ-20, 134-A , 407-C, and ??? .

TURTLE

Yep - You guys are preaching to the choir. I've seen so (&(^%$ many
replacements come and go in the refrigeration realm it's getting ridiculous.
I guess my take on it is that we don't know for sure what the long term is
going to bring but I assure you no matter what the government's role in this
is going to make things more difficult and more expensive to the end user.

- Robert

---