geoff

Default Can a combi safely be used for DHW with the heating drained?

In message , RichardS
writes

This could be a really stupid, obvious question, but.....

I have currently got the heating drained down to remove a couple of rads.

Can the combi still be used (safely) for hot water?

Or does draining the heating drain the primary circuit which heats the hot
water?

Yes, and there is normally a water pressure switch which won't allow the
boiler to fire up if the pressure is too low

It's an Ocean Style FF, btw. (Destined for replacement as soon as I can
get around to it....)

If you tell me exactly what boiler, I can go and check the manual

email me offlist, I have the manuals on a computer here at home
--
geoff