Bill Reynolds

Default how high will a washer pump?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:50:32 -0400, RB wrote:

You have too much free time. ;-)

That may be true, but I admire his curiosity.

RB

wrote:
Why not just rig a garden hose onto it, run it out a window, and climb
a ladder outside with the hose in your hand. When it stops flowing,
you went too high. A jet pump for a shallow well pumps about 40 feet
max.(up the well / horizonal runs dont matter much) I'd guess a
washer, having a weaker pump would do about half that, or 20 feet
(just a guess). Heck, I may try the hose on the ladder thing myself,
just to find out. I only have a 25 foot ladder though, so that's my
limit I can test.