Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Springtalis getting in through Skylights, how to seal them?

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 11:28:57 -0700 (PDT),
posted for all of us to digest...

Hi,
I have a bug problem in my house in the north east, tiny springtails are getting in. We've had exterminators spay for the springtails but they still get in. I've noticed they appear in rooms with skylights and sometimes can be seen crawling around the ceiling near them. The house was built in the 80s and the skylights are original. I had some roof work done recently and replacing the skylights was considered, but the roofer said that they often don't have great outcomes

when replacing older skylights (leaks) and suggested just sealing the glass with clear caulk which he did. These bugs are tiny, So I think its probably the case that the closed skylight just doesn't seal that well anymore. Anyone have an idea about how to restore the seal?

Thanks

What are springtails and did you do anything with the gutter?

--
Tekkie