Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another John Another John is offline

Default Sealing a block drive - any hints'n'tips?

In article ,
rick wrote:

On 09/07/2020 11:07, Another John wrote:
We got a new drive laid in January - blocks (setts). By normal standards
it's a small drive, about 6m by 3m

I now want to seal it. I've (of course!) consulted Tony McCormack, The
Paving Expert, at www.pavingexpert.co.uk/refurb_07 and I will probably
use the seaalnt recommended by him.

Has anyone done this, and have any practical additional advice to pass
on?

I know I need to wait for a warm dry period of about five days (shoulda
done it in April/May). I'm wondering about the washing and re-sanding of
it before embarking on the sealing. Any other things to be wary of?

Cheers
John

just be aware you will be sealing every other year for life .... as this
stuff will not last and drive will become patchy.
Its the same with pattern imprinted concrete the sealer wears off.

Good point. But this comment, and the two others that have been made,
are somewhat allayed by Paving Expert's page, above -- he makes the same
warnings, but also makes the case for sealing.

Thanks for the negatives though: a balanced conclusion is what I'm after.

J.