Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default 8 guns/ 4 guns Spitfire - don't get it

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , michael adams
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
. ..

Bader's hatred of the early cannon firing Spitfires, the change to metal airlerons
from
fabric, variable pitch propellers, improved superchargers and the later versions
culminating in his preference for the mark 9.

Such a pity then that it came too late for him (june 42); given he'd
been a POW since Aug 41.

Jonnie Johnson's preference. Sorry if unclear.

Apologies. My mistake might have been more obvious had I quoted the
whole passage ...

" There are some interesting snippets in Jonnie Johnson's book, Wing
Leader. Bader's hatred of the early cannon firing Spitfires, the change
to metal airlerons from fabric, variable pitch propellers, improved
superchargers and the later versions culminating in his preference for
the mark 9."

michael adams