Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Ground Subsidence

On 7/11/2020 1:50 PM, F Russell wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 06:19:20 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

Depends on why it has subsided like that.

The house was built on this suburban lot about 60 years
ago.

The subsidence has been very slow. In fact it is a not an
uncommon occurrence. Concrete driveways sometimes subside
and there are companies that offer a "pump it up" solution
as a cheaper alternative to replacement.

I'm not concerned about sinkholes. I just want to know
if exposing 12-18" of the top basement wall poses any
problem.

I don't think exposed basement wall should be any problem other than a
little more winter heat loss. You always want the basement wall to be
above the ground level. Anything wood near the ground may rot.