Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Connect a "normal phone" jack to VoIP?

On 11/07/2020 16:28, Jimk wrote:
Thinking I'll dump my land line & go 4g at my next renewal of ISP.

I "never" use the landline for calls. But if I wanted to, could I
connect a normal phone to use the interweb kind of like VoIP? If
so how?

(I appreciate it wouldn't work if the 4g internet was down.)

TIA

A Cisco SPA112 will do what you want. You could have two separate lines
if you want.

You need to have a VOIP provider such as Sipgate. I you want you can
port your land line number to the VOIP provider - form a fee.

There is also the Gigaseet N300IP which is a VOIP DECT base station,
that works best with Gigaset DECT phones such as the C430.

--
Michael Chare