Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,uk.d-i-y
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Anyone using 'Your Phone' app in W10 to connect to an Androidphone?

On 7/8/2020 9:09 AM, Roger Mills wrote:
I've just acquired a bluetooth adapter for my W10 (1909) desktop PC and
have tried to set it up to provide hands-free control of my Moto G6+ phone
running Android 9. [The phone works fine in my car - where I can make and
receive calls using the car's speaker and microphone.]

I was expecting the PC to work the same way but it doesn't! The phone and
PC pair ok using BT, and I can see my texts, photos, address book and call
log on the PC. I can use the PC to dial calls - but I don't hear ringtone
or speech through the PC's speakers. I don't hear it at all unless I click
on 'use phone' - when I can then hear it on the phone, but that defeats the
whole object of the exercise. For incoming calls, both the phone *and* the
PC ring - compared with the car where only the car speaker rings.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

Never used it. Saw it when it first appeared but could not imagine anything
I might use it for (what the hell is it supposed to do for me anyhow?) so I
never bothered to explore its mysteries. If I want to talk on my phone why
can't I just pick up my phone and skip the middleman err middleprogram and
simplify my life?

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence
can never overcome natural stupidity.