KJ1

Default Sears For Central Air Conditioner

Hello all,

I am new to this group and a new homeowner of a new-build home.

I am looking at 3 different contral air contractors. One is Sears (they
sub-contract).

I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with Sears on getting repairs
done in a timely manner or bad installation resolution?

The reason I ask is because when I first looked for the inf. online to get
to Sears for C/A, one of the first things to come up on google was a
complaint dept. The people had some complaints of bad installation and
taking a long time to get it fixed, also getting the machines fixed in
general.

At this point, I see one more contractor on Mon. but would really like to go
with Sears because of the name brand and the salesguy was an installer
himself, his review of my home matched the 2nd (independent) contractor's
almost exactly.

There is that nagging concern, since I saw the complaint website, so if
anyone can offer experiences, good or bad, please let me know.

Another question, the independent contractor said that he wanted to use a
unit that will have r-22 (freon) and showed me a chart where the stuff will
be OK to be available (just no manufactured for freon products) in case I
would ever need to put some in for the next 25 years. The Sears guy wanted
to go with the puron, and I am not sure how much it really matters. Any
opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

God bless,
KJ