Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 8 guns/ 4 guns Spitfire - don't get it

On 11/07/2020 14:30, GB wrote:
On 11/07/2020 13:46, newshound wrote:

ISTR Douglas Bader having his convergence close in. He claimed it
was the only way to shoot down the target. He was opposed to cannon
for the same reason, believing it encouraged pilots to fire from
too far away.

Bader was a bit of a **** really. One cannon shell near the pilot
will disable the aircraft.

Ah yes, but he was *our* ****.

The Brits were pioneers with booby traps and IEDs, even though when
we are on the receiving end now they are considered somehow
unsporting. Read Curtiss LeMay's autobiography and you wonder why all
the fuss about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Yanks were doing just as
much damage before then with ruthless incendiary raids on residential
areas (justified by the argument that the Japs made a lot of stuff in
cottage industry type workshops).

History is mostly written by the victors, of course.

And then rewritten by the Left

Then invented from scratch by the right.

Er no. Usually completely redefined by archaeologists.