Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Phone line and Broadband contract for 9 months?

JoeJoe wrote:
That time of year is fast approaching, and am looking for a contract for
a contract for a student that only lasts 9 months.

Do they exist? Or will I have to take a 12 months one, cancel and after
the admin fees take a small refund?

Any idea if such contracts exist for gas and electricity too?

When our three were students (the last one finished her PhD last year) they
all said Virgin were the only one which offered €˜shorter contracts.

As I recall, they also offered broadband only deals- ie no phone. These
days people use mobiles and it saves bill disputes.

I assume it isnt a first year student who is in a hall of residence? Halls
tend to have their own system- depending on the hall type (part of the Uni
or independent) prices vary.

Another option is a 4G router. I use one in my motorhome. About £22 /
month, €˜unlimited data, speed can be comparable with Fibre to cabinet
but can drop to 10M at times. The advantage is, you just take it with you
as you move. I use one in the Motorhome, take it if we go away somewhere
else. We used it when our ISP has flaky a few weeks back. Even use it in
Europe.

--
https://www.unitedway.org/our-impact...an-trafficking