BRAVO52

Default DIY - adding central air

You got it....every major maker of AC units
clearly states that a non licenced person can not bring parts in for
warranty.....gets better......

Sounds like a racket.........but, I guess that's capitalism. I'm not knocking
the HVAC guys but it seems like a form of price fixing. I know, liability,
quality, blah blah blah. I know something about it, I'm somewhat close to the
business (step father is). He mostly (not always) makes 100% on a unit plus
his labor,and is STILL cheaper than most of the competitors! I say DIY! You
just need to realize all the limitations to the job. Yes, in the long run it
MIGHT cost you more, however, the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself
is awesome.