Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sealing a block drive - any hints'n'tips?

On Thursday, 9 July 2020 11:07:19 UTC+1, Another John wrote:
We got a new drive laid in January - blocks (setts). By normal standards
it's a small drive, about 6m by 3m

I now want to seal it. I've (of course!) consulted Tony McCormack, The
Paving Expert, at www.pavingexpert.co.uk/refurb_07 and I will probably
use the seaalnt recommended by him.

Has anyone done this, and have any practical additional advice to pass
on?

I know I need to wait for a warm dry period of about five days (shoulda
done it in April/May). I'm wondering about the washing and re-sanding of
it before embarking on the sealing. Any other things to be wary of?

Cheers
John

If you're going to do anything to a block drive, replace the sand with something more practical.

Surely sealing them would make the blocks permanently very damp.

NT