Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Phone line and Broadband contract for 9 months?

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 11:35:20 +0100, JoeJoe wrote:

Must be unlimited usage - they us *a lot* of data.

Speed is not a real issue, and down stream is the only concern.

I don't think more than 10Mbps is required as there are only the two of
them in the flat, and around 2MBps should be enough for streaming a
single HD movie.

Think Netflix will slowly ramp the bit rate up and down to match what
the line can provide and the max resolution (HD, 4K etc) the sub
allows.

BBC iPlayer HD (which I think is 1270 x ??? rather than 1920x1080)
runs nearer 3 Mbps. So 10 Mbps is fine for that but may limit the top
end for Netflix 4K. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.