Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Terrell Michael Terrell is offline

Default Open neutral

I recently lost the neutral between the pole pig and my meter. I had 67VAC on one side and over 160VAC on the other. I heard loud frying sounds as multiple surge supressors died, along with circuit breakers tripping. The break has. Been repaired, but I only have a couple working circuits. I lost my A/C and I only have a few working lights. I need to replace the service. I plan to move it underground. No Internet, phone or TV for almost a month now. The open neutral damage the CATV line when the neutral current was shunted through it. I have very poor cell service here. I hope that this gets posted. It was 98 degrees in my bedroom the other night. No sleeping in that. I had to take a nap in my truck with the engine running so that I could use its A/C.