Posted to alt.home.repair

Default power for a future project

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 17:53:47 -0500, Owen Money
wrote:

we have a shed in the back yard that has power run to it for lights
and outlets and we're getting ready to build a ground-level floating
deck next to the shed. we also have plans to build a water feature in
the middle of the back yard and we think it would be best to pull power
from the shed for the lights and the pump.

the problem is that the deck is going in before the water feature
and it'll be hard to run power under the deck. like, hard to dig to bury
it.

can we have them bring power out of the shed to a junction box that
would be buried in the yard, and then tie into it when we're ready to do
the waterfeature? or how should we do this? should we just bring power
out to a junction box attached to the front edge of the deck instead of
buried? that would be ugly and the wife wouldn't be happy. not sure what
to do. we haven't talked to the electrician yet or to the deck builder.

OM

My first question is whether there is enough power in the shed to do
all of this. I suppose it depends on what the requirements are for the
water feature.
I suppose the answer to your question might be to just run a conduit
out there, capped on the end and buried where you are sure you can
find it. Extend it to the fountain and pull the wire in later.