Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default 6 volt motor power source

On 09/07/2020 20:31:36, alan_m wrote:
On 09/07/2020 20:02, Fredxx wrote:
On 09/07/2020 19:55:46, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:
On Thursday, 9 July 2020 19:38:13 UTC+1, alan_mĀ* wrote:
On 09/07/2020 19:35, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:
On Thursday, 9 July 2020 19:27:56 UTC+1, alan_mĀ* wrote:
On 09/07/2020 18:28, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:
Hi.
Can I use
https://www.rapidonline.com/gp-batte...-white-18-0522

via

https://www.rapidonline.com/bkl-1008...raight-54-6230

to power a 6 volt dc motor?

Cheers.

What is the specification of the motor?

Motor info in the link.

Er, you links are to a battery and cable

Which reminds me, no one has answered the orig question which is,
will a 6 volt motor work if the power banks charge is transferred via
that cable.

You don't get it do you?

Of course a 6V motor will work, if it's big enough. Some engines are
even started with a 6V electric motor.

What is "that cable"? It's all a bit like "this motor". Very vague
indeed. Are you a troll?

It's a post without any real context.

What the OP may have failed to realise is that his previous posts on his
micro circular saw may not have been read by anyone now posting to this
latest request. Even if some of us did read the previous posts there
have been many hundreds of other posts to this group since and
remembering any real details from even a few days ago is suspect.

Previously a 3V motor taking 3W under load was being considered with
many suggesting that it was under powered. It now appears that its a 6V
motor but with no specification its hard to give any meaningful answers.

Yes it may run with a 5V supply and yes it may run with the lead in the
link but if the motor takes more than 1A under load then the battery
will/may be limiting the current

The OP is attempting to "design" a circular saw for young children to
cut no more than a 2mm wooden coffee stirrer with a 30 to 60mm blade so
possibly doesn't need to go to the level/power of a Dremel nor need to
go to 80W motors as used on some DIY "hobby" circular saws that can cut
9mm ply etc.

Thanks, I did look back a long way and can see an attempt to make a
small saw-bench. I couldn't see any reference to young children.