Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,uk.d-i-y
Todesco Todesco is offline

Default Anyone using 'Your Phone' app in W10 to connect to an Androidphone?

On 7/9/2020 9:26 AM, Roger Mills wrote:
On 09/07/2020 13:38, Todesco wrote:
On 7/8/2020 9:09 AM, Roger Mills wrote:
I've just acquired a bluetooth adapter for my W10 (1909) desktop PC
and have tried to set it up to provide hands-free control of my Moto
G6+ phone running Android 9. [The phone works fine in my car - where
I can make and receive calls using the car's speaker and microphone.]

I was expecting the PC to work the same way but it doesn't! The phone
and PC pair ok using BT, and I can see my texts, photos, address book
and call log on the PC. I can use the PC to dial calls - but I don't
hear ringtone or speech through the PC's speakers. I don't hear it at
all unless I click on 'use phone' - when I can then hear it on the
phone, but that defeats the whole object of the exercise. For
incoming calls, both the phone *and* the PC ring - compared with the
car where only the car speaker rings.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

I've been using it now for about a month or 2.Â* Previously, I was
using a 3rd party app (Mighty Text) to allow me to see texts to my
Samsung S7 on my PC.Â* It was not reliable and did weird things.Â* The
Your Phone app seems to work much better.Â* I can see and send texts on
my S7 via the PC.Â* It's especially handy when you do a two step
verification when someone sends you a code to unlock their access;
easy to copy and paste the code.Â* BTW, sorry I can't help as it seemed
to work right out of the "box".

But are you using it for making hands-free voice calls on your PC, or
only for texts? Mine is ok for texts because it can use WiFi for that -
but it's when it needs bluetooth for voice calls that it doesn't work
properly.

No. I actually have a Pansonic cordless phone that blutooths to my
cell. So I can use it to make and receive cell calls ... and it has a
speakerphone built in. Also, I have 4 handsets. While one person is
talking on one handset on the landline, another handset can be talking
using the cell. I only wish that Panasonic system had a port for a 2nd
landline as my phone company gives me a free 2nd landline. I do have
that line tied to the computer modem for receiving faxes.