Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JC[_6_] JC[_6_] is offline

Default Matsusada RK20-20 Unidentified IGBT or possibly Mosfet

JC wrote:
Pimpom wrote:
On 7/9/2020 5:14 AM, JC wrote:
Fixing A Matsusada RK20-20 power supply.
2x devices blown on the primary switcher circuit
only id is code 00.15.0600 TO3PN3 case

https://www.flickr.com/photos/40466580@N07/

I'm thinking these are IGBT's rather than Mosfets but guesswork as they
are wrecked.
Any ideas? Code might indicate 15Amp 600Volt? feeling lucky?

Small driver board is encapsulated in RTV silicon goop, hopefully not
damaged but haven't got that far.

TIA JC

It could be my imagination but there seems to be some characters
printed on the more lightly coloured rectangle. If you have a powerful
lens with you, see if there's anything to read by varying the angles
of viewing and lighting. Perpendicular is not always the best.

I use a lens salvaged from a 16mm film projector and have often
succeeded in identifying devices that at first don't seem to have
anything on them. That includes markings that had been rubbed off,
faded with age or burnt away from overheating.

Yes, I also thought that but I think its just overheating. I can't bring
up any image from them. These are the only parts in this unit with
obscure ID's so could be selected parts, sux.
JC

Drive IC is a FUJI 5502M , Probably FUJI MOSFETS, wired in parallel.
JC