Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Splice 220 volt 6 gauge line outside- is it safe?

In article ,
says...

Explain.
If he makes the splices compliant and puts some locknuts on the
conduits it should pass any inspection. The same guy who made up the
box in the first place could make it up right faster than arguing
about it. I have seen plenty of licensed electricians who would need a
tune up about why that box failed. That is far from a panacea.
I even know inspectors who might say "no problem" with what he has.

Would you think it would have been ok to use something like split bolts
or equivilent and covering them with something like that rubber tape you
were giving away and maybe a layer or two of Scotch 33. Then burrying
the wire.