Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Wire nuts versus

In article ,
says...
copper. The other stuff would break if you bent it a few times.
I would warn anyone with aluminum in their house from the late 60s and
early 70s, not to screw with it.
Most of the problems were caused by workmanship related things. If
your house didn't burn down in the 70s, it probably won't if you don't
screw with the wiring.

I lived in a house built around 1965. It had aluminum wiring. There
were about 10 houses built along the road all about the same at the same
time. Around 1990 one of the houses caught on fire. I do not know if
it was traced to the wiring or something else.