SQLit

Default Ceiling drywall shadow-How to conceal

"SuzerB222" wrote in message
We just removed our old popcorn ceiling and had someone come in to patch

etc
and then apply a light texture to the ceiling. We have applied 2 coats of
Lowe's American Tradition High Hiding Primer using the roller method of
application. Depending on where you're standing you can see the darker

area of
the drywall (I call it a shadow). I can't really tell if this problem is
consistant throughout or just in certain spots. I guess my questions a

Is
this a common problem? Do we need to apply another coat of the same

primer
before applying the top coat of the finished paint (we plan on 2 coats)?

Or do
we need to use a different kind of primer to cover those "shadows" like

Zinsser
Bulls Eye 1.2.3 or Kilz?? Your help will be much appreciated!!! Susanne

When the ceiling are popcorned, they were not taped very well. Did this very
thing on a home I just sold. I paid a drywall contractor to refloat the
ceiling before painting. The first two coats looked like crap. Then I paid a
pro to paint the home before sale. He ended up putting 2 more coats on to
get it to not show the "shadows" which in my case were the seams.

He recommended a washable semi satin for the ceiling. Looked good when he
was done.