mwlogs

Default Ceiling drywall shadow-How to conceal

You have not applied a finish coat of a good ceiling paint at this point?
Only 2 coats of primer? Primer is generally not intended to give you a good
looking finish, and may show some light or 'shadow-like' areas. It still
effectively seals the drywall so the finish coat will NOT have that
appearance. Go ahead and apply your finish coat. In fact, if you now have
the primer applied so evenly, you may find that you only need one finish
coat.

One tip on applying the finish coat: I've found that roller marks and the
like are less noticeable if you try to roll in a direction that is not in
line with the general line of sight as you enter the room. That is, say you
generally come into the room through a doorway at one end. Try NOT to roll
from that point to the other end of the room, rather roll from side to side
in relation to the door. That way your eye won't be drawn to anything that
might look like a line.

Mark

"SuzerB222" wrote in message
We just removed our old popcorn ceiling and had someone come in to patch

etc
and then apply a light texture to the ceiling. We have applied 2 coats of
Lowe's American Tradition High Hiding Primer using the roller method of
application. Depending on where you're standing you can see the darker

area of
the drywall (I call it a shadow). I can't really tell if this problem is
consistant throughout or just in certain spots. I guess my questions a

Is
this a common problem? Do we need to apply another coat of the same

primer
before applying the top coat of the finished paint (we plan on 2 coats)?

Or do
we need to use a different kind of primer to cover those "shadows" like

Zinsser
Bulls Eye 1.2.3 or Kilz?? Your help will be much appreciated!!! Susanne