Toller

Default What size cable with my transfer switch?

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Does you unit output 220, transfer panels are wired usualy for 220. 3
wire plus ground.

Naw, its the famous EU2000i! I was going to connect both "hots" of the 12/3
at the inlet. If the next guy wants to run 240v, he can replace the inlet.
I don't see any problem with that; if one hot comes undone, it will simple
disconnect half the transfer switch; it can't overload anything.
Hey, that might be answer. If I use a 5-20 inlet, no one can put more than
20a into it without replacing the inlet, so 12/3 is perfectly safe. (And if
he wants to use a 4000w genny, he can do so safely by just replacing the
inlet. He will simply be out of luck if he wants to use a 5000w.)
Since I only want to put in 13a, voltage drop is not a problem. (and it
isn't much of a problem at 4000w either, though 10/3 would certainly be a
better choice there.)
Is this making sense?