wendi

Default Water Softener for sensitive skin

You have to run your water through a water softener before it reaches a
reverse osmosis system or the calcium in the water will shortly plug the
"bladder" in the reverse osmosis. And that's a major expense to be
replacing every six months or so.

What do you mean by the "bladder"? You mean the filter?

Have you considered using hypo-allergenic soap to wash with. I find that

have to use it whether I have soft water or not. Normal soaps with any

type
of fragrance will cause a sensitive, almost burning sensation.

I use everything hypo-allergenic and frangrance free, but still sensitive
.

possible that the chlorine in the water is what you are sensitive
too....which could be removed with a simple whole house taste and odor
filter system.

Would a filter system address my second concern - clean dish and clean
shower (less calcium built-up)?

In addition I thought the installation of a whole house filter system is
equally hard if not harder and the re-occuring cost of a filter system is
more expensive (salt is cheap).

-w