Christian McArdle

Default Non-copper wire in ring main?

stipulate the room had a 1kW heat load and (b), on my 3kW heater at
least, you can run the 3kW heater at 1kW, 2kW or 3kW. Generally

Ah. A 3kW heater with 1kW and 2kW options would have no disadvantages over
the 2kW one. Mine only has a half and full option. In any case, I was only
playing devil's advocate. After all, I voted with my feet (should that be
wallet?) and got a 3kW one.

In any case, in a room which was heatable (ie where you are
heating a room and not one person in a warehouse) a convector
heater is far preferable, as you get no noise at all.

Indeed. I quite like oil filled radiators for this as well. However, you
can't beat a fan heater for emergency heat, as they are small and
lightweight, so store more easily.

My new shed will have a convector heater, though, (on a frost stat and boost
for when I'm in there). It will have 50mm Celotex/Kingspan and double
glazing, too, ever since I found out the paltry cost of sealed units. I'm
planning to store paint and decent tools in there and don't want them
freezing/rusting.

Christian.