Bob Mannix

Default Non-copper wire in ring main?

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
Secondly, after the room is up to temperature, I tend to knock the
power rating down to reduce cycling.

Err, I think that last point is one that supports a 3kW fan heater!
You can only get up to temperature quickly and then turn the heat
down with a 3kW heater (or it's better at it).

I think you have misunderstood. In a room with a 1kW steady state
requirement, a 2kW heater will bring it up to temperature and then, on

half
power, will be able to maintain it using only a minimum of annoying

cycling.

A 3kW heater will bring it up even more rapidly. But then, turned down to
1.5kW, it is over sized and will switch on and off over a 3:2 duty cycle
with a period of a couple of minutes.

Well, it's not worth falling out over but (a) you didn't originally
stipulate the room had a 1kW heat load and (b), on my 3kW heater at least,
you can run the 3kW heater at 1kW, 2kW or 3kW. Generally speaking, more
flexibility is better. In any case, in a room which was heatable (ie where
you are heating a room and not one person in a warehouse) a convector heater
is far preferable, as you get no noise at all.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)