Tom

Default Water Softener for sensitive skin

"wendi" wrote in message
om...
There're two primary reasons that I want a water softener. I have
sensitive skin esp during those dry winter months. I used to keep a
few bottles of drinking water in the bathroom and use them when my
skin feels especially sensitive. I used them only on my face. Ever
since I moved to this house (or this city), I notice my skin has
gotten more sensitive. It's like I have to use bottle water all the
time. I'm thinking maybe I should install the $150 Reverse Osmosis
system from Costco instead.

The other reason is just less house keeping work. Dishes are never
clean; and there're a lot more built-up in the showers, sinks, etc...

As for carrying 40lbs of salt, is 40lb the smallest size? Do they
come in 2 bags of 20lbs?

-w

You have to run your water through a water softener before it reaches a
reverse osmosis system or the calcium in the water will shortly plug the
"bladder" in the reverse osmosis. And that's a major expense to be
replacing every six months or so.
Have you considered using hypo-allergenic soap to wash with. I find that I
have to use it whether I have soft water or not. Normal soaps with any type
of fragrance will cause a sensitive, almost burning sensation. Is it
possible that the chlorine in the water is what you are sensitive
too....which could be removed with a simple whole house taste and odor
filter system.