gerry

Default Pressure Washers?

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:35:48 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"don h" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I need to pressure wash my house. The exterior is vinyl siding and

white
brick. The cost to rent a unit is $100 a day. I have seen some 1200

psi on
QVC for just a little more than that. Or should I consider buying

something
more powerful? Thanks.

More power, and you will blow the siding off. I would buy one of the
generic $100 units. It will help do the job, but you will just about have
to scrub every foot anyway or you will have streaks.

Wrong on both counts.

I use a 5.5 HP unit on my vinyl siding for three years. Also tried my
neighbors $100 electric before buying a gas powered unit from Northern
Tools.

I never use any cleaner, just water. I can set the fan very wide and clean
fast, narrower for tough spots.

Vinyl will stay on just fine if one thinks just a little. Go with the
direction or overlap (don't shoot under the siding joints) and don't shoot
straight up. Basically, you can rip it off easily if you shoot the stream
under it - just pick your directions.

The lower power unit I borrowed also won't take the moss off my driveway
unless I go extremely slow. Again, the higher power allows a wider fan
setting and lets me get the job done.

One must be careful, set it to a stream instead of fan and it will bore
holes in a wood deck!

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com