al

Default Help - bathroom fitting information needed!?

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
I would only install an electric shower if your house does not have a hot
water system, or it would be too difficult to plumb hot water supplies to
the room.

What sort of hot water system do you have? Perhaps we could recommend an
alternative.

The house has normal central heating for hot water + radiators. The
current, bath fed shower (proper tap based one, not a push-on rubber hose)
is too feeble though. To use it I have to turn the hot water all the way
one, then put about a quarter turn or less of cold water. If the hot water
is on in the shower and the hot water is used in the basin, the shower hot
water stops. It just doesn't deliver a high enough volume of water to soak
you satisfactorily.

My in-laws have a power shower that sucks their immersion tank cold in about
10 mins, so I'm not too keen on them. My parents have an electric one (ie.
pull-cord then instant hot water from cold feed) which gives reasonable (if
not gym/hotel deluge levels!) umph to the water coming through it.

Open to any suggestions - I just want to have a good volume of water land on
me in the morning! Not having to worry about central heating warming up a
tank first would be a bonus.