IMM

Default Eric Clapton gets CBE

IMM wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news

I assume you refer to this consumer debt.
80% is people paying mortgages to
put a super expensive small roof over
their heads. Land ownership and
availability for building is the core of this.

Oh not that again.

You are so dumb you can't see the root
problem(s). We pay far too much for
very small homes because of an artificial land
shortage, while the established aristocracy still
own vast tracts of land in the UK. Haven't
you figured it out yet?

The whole debate has been had at least five
times before and all of the possible angles
discussed repeatedly and ad nauseam.

But you learned nothing at all.

Did anyone see the programme last night on property hunting in Texas. A
couple who live in a terraced house in Crewe, can sell up and buy a huge
house in Texas and have lots of change. A house that would be 0.5

million
here was £80,000. And in very nice coastal areas too. About £200,000,
about the average cost of a detached home these days in the UK, gets you

full dream house. Literally a house only a lottery win could get you

here.

Why you may ask? Labour cost in the US are no cheaper than here.

Wrong.

Right!

Land. Yes, land is the key.

Indeed. Texas has about the population of Wales in an area the size of
France.

But they allow people to build where they want to, unlike this country.

Why don't you bugger off there - or Canada, or Australia.

Well people like you aren't around, so that is a plus point.

I know, they would make mincemeat of you, and you wouldn't last ten
seconds outside the nanny state.

What nanny state are you talking about?

In the UK we are crammed into 7,5% of the land mass.

Thats about all teh habitable land there is.

Balls again!!! 90% plus is habitable.

Have you ever BEEN to the
welsh mountains, or the scottish Highlands?

Yes.

Have you in fact, ever been
south of Watford, or further out of the
country than Benidorm?

I live south of Watford. Now south of the river and the fens are the pits.

They will not allow us to build on the land as it is owned by a small
minority or people.

No, its owned by a large majority
of private individuals.

Wrong! 1% of the population own 70% of the land.

And regulated
by the planning authority.

To the benefit of that 1% while we pay extortionate house prices because
land is 2/3 of the value.

The UK is big country, despite propaganda saying we are
not.

Habitable arraes contend with farming and forestry. Population clusters
ariund work. Work clusters around communication.

And your point is? The point is that we can't build on grade 3 agricultural
land, because the big landowners say so.

Its the same in the USA. Fly over it, drive across it, and you will find
vast areas of land with nothing on but crops and animals, or smply
desert.

The same here. Fly over the Uk. Nothing but open green fields. Agriculture
only amounts to 3% of the economy. We can afford to get rid of most of this
pampered, nannied, over subsidised industry for the greater benefit of the
people.

Now you CAN live in teh desert of youi don';t mind spending
$5000 a year on airconditioning, bu there ain't much to do, unless you
are into weapons research...

We have no deserts in the UK.

An artificial land shortage has been created ramping up land values
to the point we live in small super expensive boxes.

---