Andrew Gabriel

Default Internal Kitchen Building regs

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:

And put in LOTS of LV spots to make it bright and cheery.

For a kitchen with no natural daylight, I would look at installing
a lighting scheme which is capable of giving you nearer daylight
lighting levels for use during the daytime. You won't be able to
get even close to this with any type filament lighting (unless you
are also installing air conditioning in the room;-)
Also, the colour temperature of filament lighting (2700-2800K) will
look too low for anything near daylight lighting levels.

However, this lighting level will feel wrong in the early morning
and evening when you are using artificial lighting in the rest of
the house, so I would have a secondary lighting scheme to provide
the more normal levels of artificial lighting for the kitchen when
daylight levels are not appropriate. The two schemes would ideally
have different colour temperatures too.

--
Andrew Gabriel