Joseph Meehan

Default 10 year old TV repair

Yves wrote:
Hi,

My TV set (Zenith) just started displaying strange colors. The image
is still clear, except that, I see 3 vertical bands, one too much
red, one too much green and one too much blue, I know they are the
basic colors, what I don't know, is it easy to fix it.

Does someone here knows is it the tube, magnet or soemthing else.

It seems to me that 10 year isn't that much for a TV set,

Thanks.

I am not totally clear about the problem, but about the only thing I can
think of that might be descried that way and might be worth fixing would be
if the picture tube needs to be degaussed, and your description does not
exactly fit that one. Other than that, the fix is the same for almost every
other problem, buy a new one. It is cheaper than fixing almost anything
else and will come with a warrantee and likely a better quality TV.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math