Default 10 year old TV repair

Yves wrote:

Hi,

My TV set (Zenith) just started displaying strange colors. The image is
still clear, except that, I see 3 vertical bands, one too much red, one too
much green and one too much blue, I know they are the basic colors, what I
don't know, is it easy to fix it.

Does someone here knows is it the tube, magnet or soemthing else.

It seems to me that 10 year isn't that much for a TV set,

Thanks.

if its a portable bring it into a shop for an estimate and find out it
will cost you more than a new one... we had a $1200 floor model about
that old and threw it out and went to walmart for a 26 in. phillips
portable and put it in a $2,000 real wood entertainment center.. now the
next time we need a tv we can get a $200 tv from walmart instead of
paying a repair of over $200 to nurse the old one along... 10 yrs. is
max for a TV... its just that from watching it so long you got so use to
the bad picture that you did not see how really bad the picture was for
so long... thats the problem we had... never even knew the BLUE gun was
out on the TV set until we say a new tv in the stores... then realized
that we were watching junk for so long....