Dolchas

Default Ipe vs. Tigerdeck (goncalo alves) as decking material?

Greetings all!

My wife and I are about to put some decks on our house, and after much
research, we had pretty much enthusiastically decided to use ipe for
the deck boards. However, our builder just told us about something
called Tigerdeck (also known as goncalo alves) which appears to be
very similar to ipe, and yet our builder can get Tigerdeck for about
20% less than ipe.

Now we are wondering how Tigerdeck compares with Ipe -- any pros or
cons we should know about? Are they really just about the same
product? Does anyone in this newsgroup have any experience with
Tigerdeck that they would care to share? Does anyone in this
newsgroup have any experience with the use of this material as deck
boards?

Thanks!

Chuck