IMM

Default Eric Clapton gets CBE

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

You are so dumb you can't see the root
problem(s). We pay far too much for
very small homes because of an artificial land
shortage, while the established aristocracy still
own vast tracts of land in the UK. Haven't
you figured it out yet?

The whole debate has been had at least five
times before and all of the possible angles
discussed repeatedly and ad nauseam.

But you learned nothing at all.

Did anyone see the programme last night on property hunting in Texas. A
couple who live in a terraced house in Crewe, can sell up and buy a huge
house in Texas and have lots of change. A house that would be 0.5

million
here was £80,000. And in very nice coastal areas too. About £200,000,
about the average cost of a detached home these days in the UK, gets you

full dream house. Literally a house only a lottery win could get you

here.

Why you may ask?

No I wasn't.

Labours cost in the US are no cheaper than here. Land.
Yes, land is the key. In the UK we are crammed into 7,5% of the land

mass.
They will not allow us to build on the land as it is owned by a small
minority or people. The UK is big country, despite propaganda saying we

are
not. An artificial land shortage has been created ramping up land

values
to the point we live in small super expensive boxes.

The whole debate has been had at least five
times before and all of the possible angles
discussed repeatedly and ad nauseam.

I learned that I don't agree with you.

No you do. You had a narrow minded viewpoint. I was explained to you, but
you didn't want to eat humble pie and admit you had been conned all this
time and agree with common sense and logic. Wake up and smell the coffee
Andy.

When are you leaving for Texas?

It is tempting. Far fewer Little Middle Englanders around there. In fact
the programme was centred around Corpus Christi. I spent a week there once.
Nice place. They highlighted homes in Rockport where the Bushes spend
weekends. The people, we stayed at had a huge lovely house. I thought it
was a super expensive, by our standards, house. Now I know how much it
costs.

---