Default Running cables through stud walls

In uk.d-i-y, Rick Hughes wrote:

There are 2 caveats here ... either of which could P** on your chips.

First if there is any insulation in the studding, this will prevent the
cable dropping ... I have always fully filled stud walls with insulation
... as it cuts down noise (now Blding regs requirement)

Yup, a definite possibity for external dry-lined walls; is it common
(or indeed now required) on internal stud walls too?

Secondly it is very unlikely that you will have uninterrupted space from the
sole plate to the header ... i.e. between the top and bottom of the wall
.... it is common practise ( and needed on plasterboard) to have
intermediate horizontal noggins .... this would mean your cable would stop
half way down where it meets the noggin.

Aah, thanks for the Naming Of Parts: "sole plate" being the horizontal
timber at the bottom which the studs rest on, and "header" being the bit
wot the tops of the studs attach to, right? Nogginses is indeed a strong
possibility - mentioned in a couple of the posts - but not a certainty,
in my very limited but non-zero experience.

Sorry if this is doom & gloom after the other positive posts ... but thought
I would mention what could happen.

Not doom and gloom at all, just realism. "It's not the despair. The despair
I can deal with. It's the hope..." ;-)

Stefek