Cheryl

Default Power surges

In the fine newsgroup "alt.home.repair", RBV
artfully composed this
message within news:HFvvc.4112$eP.786@lakeread01 on 02 Jun 2004:

Thank you. I'll check with the neighbors as you suggest. Yours
sounds like a strange problem! Glad you got it worked out. If I may
ask, who ended up being at "fault" for that and had to pay? I can
sort of see it going either way, unless the wiring wasn't marked
properly when the new footing was put in, or something. Even
then... hhmmm...

Another possibility is that your appliances are actually
continually running at low power and the "surges" you are
experiencing are actually the appliances returning to normal.

Ya know, I thought this a few times. If this is the case, I like it
better when the "surge" occurs. My kitchen has better lighting
during those. Tonight is really bad which is prompting my query.
It doesn't happen like this often which could possibly make it
harder to diagnose? Tonight is making me want to turn off all
electrical appliances.

--
Cheryl
/on battery powered laptop