Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Using Rosate 36

On 09/07/2020 10:20, charles wrote:
In article ,
Scott wrote:
On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 00:42:23 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On eBay it advises 20ml per litre of water

Once we leave the EU can we have sodium chlorate back? I remember a
garden with four foot weeds and we applied NaClO3 and in less that two
hours it looked like the place had been napalmed.

No harmful residues.

I know this substance was previously used for malign purposes but my
understanding is that such persons now use different products instead.

just add icing sugar .....

Interesting
So if you want to permanently poison e.g, a driveway, bleach should do
it and it will decay to chlorate and salt. Boiling it first will decay
it lot first.....

"Sodium hypochlorite is stable above pH 12 where the less reactive
hypochlorite is predominant and hypochlorous acid is virtually
non-existent.Decomposition is by Eq. 4 and 5.

4) 3 NaOCl = NaClO3 + 2 NaCl

5) 2 NaOCl = O2 + 2 NaClEq.

4 is the major decomposition reaction forming chlorate (ClO3-) and
chloride (Cl-). This reaction is temperature and concentration
dependent; it is not catalytic. Eq. 5 is catalytic, forming oxygen (O2)
and chloride. Trace metals such as nickel, cobalt and copper form metal
oxides, which cause catalytic decomposition. Light also catalyses this
reaction."

--
€śThose who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit
atrocities.€ť

€• Voltaire, Questions sur les Miracles Ă* M. Claparede, Professeur de
ThĂ©ologie Ă* Genève, par un Proposant: Ou Extrait de Diverses Lettres de
M. de Voltaire