Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Arthur Clive Arthur is offline

Default Using Rosate 36

On 09/07/2020 09:42, Scott wrote:

snip

Once we leave the EU can we have sodium chlorate back? I remember a
garden with four foot weeds and we applied NaClO3 and in less that two
hours it looked like the place had been napalmed.

No harmful residues.

So why will nothing much grow there for a year or so?

I know this substance was previously used for malign purposes but my
understanding is that such persons now use different products instead.

The reason for using it was that it was easy to get. I used it a lot
when young, it makes me shiver now. A little bit of knowledge is a
dangerous thing - I had no idea how sensitive it was when hammering the
ends of a copper tube shut with sugar and sodium chlorate inside.

And the rocket I made with dried chlorate-soaked newspaper rolled up
inside some ally tube didn't lift off, it exploded bigly.
--
Cheers
Clive